Starting today, I'm going to blog more often. Even if it's just a few short lines, I figure it's worth it to write down a few of the things that made my day.
Today was a pretty lazy Sunday. We were trying to recuperate from the birthday party yesterday. Eric, Rory & I slept in and when we woke up Baba was up. Rory and I made pancakes and sausage for breakfast. Ever since she got Ratatouille, she has been obsessed with cooking. She even wears her little apron.
We played around a lot. Rory and Baba built a super elaborate train set up in her room and we watched the train go around for a long time. Baba took Rory for a ride on her trike. But then we had to say good bye. Rory loves having him come visit. It's nice that he's able to do it as often as he does.
Eric and Rory crashed this afternoon so I decided to take a nap with Rory. It isn't often that she'll snuggle with me and just lie still. I have to take whatever chances I get. Some days I still can't believe it's been three years. Not long ago she was just a tiny helpless baby. Today, she drew the letter H in chalk on the driveway.
As much as I would love to pause time and delay the inevitable, I know it wouldn't work and that really, the best thing I can do is take the time to enjoy it right now while it's here. So, if it means sneaking strawberries in the car on the way home from the grocery store or reading just one more story, I'm going to do whatever I can to enjoy every last moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment