Here's the deal. I don't exactly hate running. I just don't get the point. My legs start to hurt, I breath hard and I think "why am I doing this?" What is the point?
If someone was chasing me, then I could understand it. If I was afraid I was going to get eaten by a bear, I would run. But just so I can complete x number of laps around the track? Pointless.
That said, I belong to an institution that thinks I should run. They want me to run 3 times a week. They want me to love running. And so I try. I run and I try to act like I enjoy it. Mostly I try not to embarrass myself or those who are working hard to help me improve.
Today when I ran my physical readiness test, I finished my run a whole minute and 20 seconds faster than 6 months ago. It still isn't the time I'd like to get, but it was a great improvement.
Any maybe someday, I'll stop going through the motions and I'll really love to run.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment